- Here is the secret: Starvation Diets DO NOT WORK. Eat. If you are paying $50 a week for an Instagram model to send you a starvation diet and some bikini photos, then you can afford to see a qualified dietitian and buy some nutritious vegan food.
- Be the best You that you can be. Wanting the same shade of eyeshadow as a celebrity is one thing, wanting their eye colour and hating yours because they’re different, is another thing.
- Be patient, no matter how long it took you to get the shape, health you have now, a 12-week, 1200-calorie starvation plan might transform your body for summer, but afterwards, the damage to your health, happiness and metabolism is going to take a lot longer than 12 weeks to recover from.
- Get informed, be smart and keep an open mind, but sceptical of what you read, see, hear, watch especially if someone is trying to sell you something. Get educated, get a second source, preferably backed up scientifically. If you have done all the research, got information from a qualified source, and still think something is right for you, do the experiment, and if it doesn’t work for you, then it isn’t right for you.
- Beauty comes from the inside out, not the outside in. Beauty products that test on animals are not beautiful. An eating plan that is full of dead and tortured animals can never nourish a beautiful body. No matter what image is presented in magazines and Instagram, if you are eating cruelty, using animal tested cosmetics or wearing dead animals, you are not beautiful inside.
- Fuck the thigh gap! Seriously, fuck it. It is an arbitrary measurement of your commitment to starvation – unless that is your natural body shape, then good for you. Sexy is your natural body shape, sexy is confidence and happiness, sexy is eating when you are hungry. Starvation is not sexy.
- Curves are nothing to be ashamed of, if that is your natural body shape. Some people are naturally leaner and that is also nothing to be ashamed of. Starving on 1200 or 1500 calorie a day diets will destroy your natural shape.
- What is better than being miserable on a starvation diet to get a “bikini body”? apart from Everything! Being happy with who you are and putting a bikini on your body, if that is your hearts desire. If you wear a bikini, you have a bikini body, regardless of what the magazines and social media models says.
- We only get one body, and if we are lucky we will be living in it for a very long time, look after it, nourish it, love it, treat it well and live to a healthy old age.
- Starvation diets do not work.
Eat Carbs and Carrot On
Further reading: Minnesota Starvation Experiment